On June 1st the library will be opening to the public with modified services and hours. Our revised hours are Monday through Thursday from 10am to 6pm and on Fridays from 10 am to 4 pm. The library will reserve 1 hour on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 am to 11am for our at risk patrons.
Guidelines for Library use:
- Only 10 people allowed in the library at a time.
- Sorry we can NOT be a gathering place at this time. Please social distance.
- Please use hand sanitizer before entering the building, if you are feeling ill please refrain from coming to the library.
- Please return all library materials in the outside book drop only. (All returned items are checked in and quarantined for three days).
- No public restrooms will be available.
- Patrons are encouraged to pick out materials and check out in a timely manner (30 minutes) to serve as many patrons as possible.
- Newspapers and magazines will not be available to read in-house.
- A modified self-checkout system will be implemented. Patrons will scan their own items.
- Any items touched should be placed in baskets that are readily available throughout the library. Please do not re-shelve on your own.
- Patrons will only be allowed in the library once a day.
- 4 public access computers will be available to patrons with a limit of 30 minutes once a day.
- Wi-Fi is available 24-7 outside the library for any amount of time as long as social distancing is followed. No password is needed.
- Printing is available from our public access computers (for a fee) or you can send documents to email@example.com to be printed off and paid for.
- All copies, faxes and scans will be done by staff only.
- There are no toys or in-library activities including iPads and video games available.
- Furniture will be removed (except computer chairs) to discourage lounging.
- Homebound patrons can request items be delivered to their front door, please call about this service.
- Curbside service will remain and will be expanded. Pickup days will be Monday through Thursday from 12pm-6pm and Fridays from 12pm-4pm. Items reserved before 6 pm will be available the following day for pick up.
- The meeting room is not available for use.
Programming will be evaluated on a month to month basis. Some online programs will be implemented. The summer reading program will be modified, more information will be coming soon.
If you have any questions please feel free to call the library at 515-795-3846 or email Angie firstname.lastname@example.org