Part-Time Library Aide
- greets library patrons and assists with circulation desk procedures including: library card registration, check-in and check-out of materials, and acceptance of payment for fines and fees
- assists patrons with searching the catalog, locating materials, and using equipment
- provides service and answers for routine reference questions
- provides basic computer hardware and software assistance
- follows circulation desk procedures and library policies and explains policy to library patrons.
- Empties book drop and returns material to shelves
- additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- demonstrated ability to perform essential job functions
- strong customer service skills needed
- computer skills/keyboarding skills/mouse skills are required.
Physical Demands of the Position:
- ability to work in a defined space and stand for periods of time.
- bending/twisting, reaching and feeling.
- climbing: ascending and descending short footstool.
- handling: picking up and shelving books.
- pushing and pulling: objects weighing 60-80 pounds on wheeled carts
- standing, walking, stooping, kneeling and crouching.
Schedule: Mondays 5-7pm Tuesday 3-7pm, Thursdays 5-7pm, Saturdays 9am-12pm and to fill in when needed for vacations or sick days.
Applications can be picked up at the library or can be printed here and returned to the library or sent via email to Angie Strong at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted until August 7, 2020