- This event has passed.
Tech Help Thursdays at the library
October 24, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Thursday, repeating indefinitely
Need help with your computer skills or have an e-reader but don’t know how to get e-books from the library’s Bridges site? Need help with filling out a job application online? Book an appointment for One-on-One Technology Help on Thursdays at the library.
Learn how to use…
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 Basics (please inquire about any specific programs)
- iPad or iPhone Basics
- Kindle or Nook eReaders
- Microsoft Office Basics (Word, Excel, Publisher, Powerpoint)
- USB Flash Drives to save personal files
- Social media like Facebook, or Pinterest,
- Downloading library ebooks or audiobooks onto your computer or portable device
- Use the library’s free resource databases
Contact us by phone at 515-795-3846 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment! (One appointment at a time please)
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Please arrive with a clear goal of what you would like to learn.
- Please arrive with all the necessary passwords needed to access your device or accounts.
- Be sure to bring in any device you need help with. If necessary, we can provide computers with Windows 7, 8 or 10, laptops and an iPad for demonstration.
- We are unable to troubleshoot or fix malfunctioning devices, take apart or replace physical parts on a device, or participate in credit card transactions.